I guess most of them were shown for the up-north bars.
But I feel the author and photographer could have shown another side of Wisconsin in the bars in the southeast area of Wisconsin too. Many of them still carry that ambient drinking space, while some have adapted and created rooms for more social interaction like bowling and classic arcade games. It had its moments though that reminded you of a quiet evening just talking, and enjoying that calm time where you can enjoy a drink.
Still, it would have been much more interesting for me if I could have seen the bar's transitions in the book.
- References in: Tavern League: Portraits of Wisconsin Bars - PhilPapers.
- The Wisconsin Tavern League.
- Tavern League: Portraits of Wisconsin Bars.
- The End of Nomadism?: Society, state and the environment in Inner Asia.
- More Photography News.
- Also by Carl Corey —!
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tavern League. Reading Progress.
Add a reference: Book Author. Search for a book to add a reference. We take abuse seriously in our discussion boards. Only flag comments that clearly need our attention. As a general rule we do not censor any content on the site. Check the check boxes next to the additional products that you would like to add to the shopping cart, then click on the "Add to Cart" button above.
A check box is not shown if a product requires that you select an option or fill out a field. Breweries of Wisconsin, 2nd edition.
- Affinographs: A Dynamic Method for Assessment of Individuals, Couples, Families, and Households;
- The Juggler: Franklin Roosevelt as Wartime Statesman.
- Carl Corey: Americaville.
- 2 thoughts on “A portrait of the past: Wisconsin’s tavern history and culture”?
- Shopping Cart.
- Tavern League Portraits Of Wisconsin Bars!
Description Author Info. Product Details. The 60 pictures collected here are awash with a sense of place — the lingering tang of cigarette smoke, the feel of a gritty floor as a bar stool is pushed back, the ease of sinking into a dimly lit womb of good company and cold beer.
Supernaturally vivid colors intertwine with distinctly average vignettes to reveal the magical, and fleeting, quality of these singular places and the people who love them. A stunningly evocative collection of documentary pictures, Tavern League serves as a sociological snapshot. Our bars are unique micro-communities offering patrons a sense of belonging; many are the only public gathering place in the rural communities they serve.
- Reward Yourself.
- Tavern League: Portraits of Wisconsin Bars by Carl Corey.
- Spaces, Objects and Identities in Early Modern Italian Medicine (Renaissance Studies Special Issues);
- Digital Processing of Biomedical Images!